Who we are
We are a team working towards one goal: a better learning experience for students everywhere.
Our platform, Möbius, is an industry-leading e-learning environment backed by a world-class math engine. It’s online courseware that supports the needs of students pursuing studies in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
We believe in the spirit of No Deposit, No Return: if you don’t put anything in, you won’t get anything out. It’s an understanding that you get what you put in to your professional experience, and our careers are what we make of them.
We’re striving to create a purpose-driven culture, where the experience of working at DigitalEd is more than just a 9 to 5 paycheque. We want to create a workplace that people are proud to be at, and proud to be from.
Perks and Benefits
We believe employees should have the autonomy to get their job done alongside friendly and driven teammates.
To let people work the best way they know how, DigitalEd aims to take care of the other stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive group health benefits plans
- Employer matching for applicable Group Pension or Retirement Savings Plan contributions
- Paid vacation and personal health days
- Personal development
- Fully remote working environment
- Volunteer opportunities for Corporate Goals and Social Events
We’ll contact you
We’ll schedule a phone call to kick things off. Our phone screens are all about finding out more about you than we can read off your resume. It’s also a good time for you to ask any questions you may have about the role, team, and company culture.
From there, we’ll move to a Zoom call with the Hiring Manager. This is where we dive into the role expectations and measures of success, and try to determine if there’s an alignment with your skill set and experience.
Get to know us
We’ll make sure you get the opportunity to meet a few more faces in our team, either from within the team you may join or from People & Culture. It’s important to know who you’re going to work with!
We’ll then ask you to complete a challenge of sorts – something that helps us see how you tackle problems and interpret opportunities.
Before we make our official offer, we’ll speak to a few people you’ve worked with before. We ask for their advice on how to ensure you have a great experience here, what’s the best way to keep you motivated and empowered, etc.
Lastly, we’ll touch base one final time to ensure you have a realistic job preview and are feeling good about coming aboard! From there, it’s signatures, confetti and looking ahead to Day 1 of working at DigitalEd 🙂
Will the Waterloo team be returning to an in-office work experience when the pandemic is over?
The pandemic has certainly shaped our working environment, and we have since evolved to a fully-remote workforce. The Waterloo office is still open and functional as a co-working space, or for group meetings. Otherwise for the day-to-day, we’ve adopted a ‘choose your own adventure’ model: if employees want to come in, stay home, or work from the cottage – that’s their call. We’re happy to focus on outcomes, not attendance. Our P&C team is ensuring logistics, parameters and guidelines will be in place for this system to work but all in all, a remote team is our reality at DigitalEd.
What office locations are available at DigitalEd?
As of 2020, DigitalEd has embraced a fully-remote working environment, with a shared co-working space in Waterloo, Ontario. This space, originally used as our in-office environment pre-COVID, has now transitioned to an open co-working environment. Should it be convenient, employees may book single sit-stand desks to work for the day, or reserve meeting rooms for in-person team gatherings, via Google Calendar Locations.
There are currently no physical office locations for our UK team or other global employees, as DigitalEd has transitioned to a fully-remote workforce.
What are some of the benefits and perks of working at DigitalEd?
We believe people working at DigitalEd should have the autonomy to get their job done alongside friendly, relatable and driven teammates. To let people work the best way they know how, we aim to take care of the other stuff:
- The basics like a full group benefits health plan, a matching retirement savings program or pension contributions, and personal health days on top of your vacation entitlement, subject to regional legislation and company policies.
- In a fully remote working environment, we stay connected online with a riveting and wildly informative employee newsletter, a company-wide “Ask Us Anything” every week, regular Product Demos and the odd Trivia Team Time every so often—all facilitated through our new best friend, Ms. Zoom.
- We have instituted our DigitalEd Social Committee (DESOCO) – a group of volunteers acting as team captains in our annual home group split. At the beginning of the year, our employee base is grouped into their “home groups” where we decide on a team name, and occasionally compete or work together in various social initiatives to earn points, pride, and a big prize at the end of the year! Our DESOCO team plans fun virtual events throughout the year – from bake-offs, to step counting challenges, to baby picture matching! Participate or lead the fun, the journey is yours.
- As a small company, our initiatives are home grown. Employees are encouraged to join our Corporate Goals Teams at the start of each year, to help conceptualize and steer different aspects of our corporate goals across departments, that feed into company success. These goals trickle down to drive the direction of our business objectives, department efforts, and inspire Individual Goal Setting at the micro-level. Looking to make a big impact? The opportunity is here for you.
- A semi-annual performance review process we call a “check-in”, in addition to regular one-on-one meetings with your manager, team meetings, and monthly Employee Wellbeing surveys. All of these touch points work in tandem to ensure that you are getting the support you need to do your best work, and enrich your career journey here at DigitalEd.
If you require any form of accommodation throughout our conversations, let us know in your application.
Whether it’s turning on closed captioning during the Zoom call, providing tests that are accessible via a screen reader software, or ensuring our entrances and office space are physically accessible and safe, we’ll work to create an accommodation that is appropriate, supportive, and helpful.