By using our Services, you agreed that you will not do or attempt to do, or permit any user or third party to do, any of the following:
- access or use the Service to provide services for or on behalf of any third party, or to commercially exploit the Service in any way;
- access or use the Service to build a competitive product or service or otherwise modify the Service, or to copy or modify any or all of the Service;
- use any security testing tools in order to probe, scan or attempt to penetrate or ascertain the security of the Service, or to otherwise engage in denial of service attacks;
- impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service or infrastructure used to operate and to make the Service available;
- access or use the Service for purposes of monitoring the Service availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking, comparison or competitive purpose;
- modify, reverse engineer, adapt, translate, decompile or otherwise derive the source code for the Service;
- use any software in connection with the Service that may require the Service or portion of the Service, or other intellectual property of Customer or its third party suppliers or licensors to be disclosed or distributed in source code form, made available free of charge to recipients, or modifiable without restriction by recipients;
- remove, modify or obscure any proprietary notices, labels or marks in or on any or all of the Service;
- sell, assign, sublicense, rent, lease, loan, provide, copy, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transfer all or any portion of the Service; or
- access or use the Service in a manner inconsistent with the Documentation for the Service or the Master Services Agreement, or in a manner that is contrary to applicable law, rule or regulation, including, without limitation, any privacy laws, or in a manner that is threatening, harmful, obscene, vulgar, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, harassing, abusive or sexually explicit.
DigitalEd (“DigitalEd”, “We” or
“us”) is concerned about protecting the personal information (personal
information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual) it
gathers about the users, visitors and customers (collectively, “Users”,
and individually a “User”) of our websites, including without
limitation, www.digitaled.com (the “Web Site”), our online store (the
“Web Store”), other DigitalEd web pages, software, services and
products (collectively, referred to as the “Services”).
We believe that individuals have the right to be informed about the information being collected
about them and about its intended use. Individuals also have the right to review information being
retained and the means to update and correct it.
To help you better understand how your personal information is protected at DigitalEd, we are
providing you with the following statement (the “Privacy Statement”)
describing our practices and policies with respect to the privacy of User information. In the event
you terminate your relationship with us, or become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere
to the policies and practices described in this notice.
The DigitalEd Web Site
When you are visiting and/or using the Services, as applicable, we want you to feel secure that
DigitalEd is respecting your privacy. The only private information we have about you is the
information you choose to give us by filling out a form or an order.
The Services use "cookies" to record basic information entered on some forms and to record
"shopping baskets" in the Web Store. A cookie is a piece of data that identifies you as a
unique user. DigitalEd uses this information to better serve all visitors as we improve the content
and design of the Services, and to enhance the convenience of using the Services by reducing
redundant information entry for Users.
The default setting on most web browsers is to accept cookies. You can change this setting to refuse
any cookie, or to be prompted when a cookie is being sent. Please note, however, that some areas and
DigitalEd recognizes that appropriate protection and management of personal information is critical
and is responsible for any personal information in its possession or custody. We have adopted the
following privacy principles for the protection of the personal information of Users.
- DigitalEd will provide Users with easily understood information about its policies regarding the
collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- DigitalEd will limit the collection and use of personal information to that which is needed for
valid business purposes, or to comply with applicable law, and any such data will be obtained
only by lawful and fair means.
- DigitalEd will only collect personal data with the explicit consent of the User.
- The User may withdraw their consent and/or request DigitalEd to erase their personal data at any
time by contacting DigitalEd’s privacy officer.
- DigitalEd will strive to maintain the accuracy of personal information, including establishing
mechanisms allowing Users to have the opportunity to review and correct their personal
- Users may request a copy of their personal data at any time by contacting DigitalEd’s
privacy officer. A monetary charge may apply.
- DigitalEd will not disclose personal information to third parties, unless:
DigitalEd uses contractual or other means to provide protection for the personally identifiable
information that is disclosed third parties.
DigitalEd has measures in place to protect against the loss or theft of personal information and
will notify users within 72 hours of becoming aware of any data breach.
DigitalEd may share personal information gathered through the Services and amongst our
subsidiaries, affiliates or divisions for internal business purposes in accordance with this
- The User requests it;
- The data is provided to help complete a user-initiated transaction;
- The disclosure is required by law;
- The User has been informed about the possibility of such disclosure and has agreed to it;
- The User has purchased a third party product. For these purchases, User contact information
will be provided to the third party product developer in order for them to fulfill their
support and service obligations to the User; or
- Where the User is a resident of a jurisdiction other than Canada or the United States,
DigitalEd may also disclose personal information to our authorized third party partner
located in the jurisdiction where the User resides. Please visit support to view a list of our authorized third
party partners by jurisdiction.
DigitalEd operates multiple commercial subscription-based email lists that interested parties can
opt-in or opt-out of at any time from the email management area of the DigitalEd web site.
From time to time, DigitalEd may create new subscription-based commercial email lists and may
pre-populate these lists with existing DigitalEd email list subscribers, based on subscriber
profiles. If you are not already a DigitalEd email subscriber, you will not be added to any newly
created DigitalEd email lists.
If you are a DigitalEd customer, and/or you have communicated with DigitalEd within the past 2
years, you may periodically receive emails from DigitalEd staff or from a DigitalEd email account
ending with @digitaled.com, including emails such as new product updates, security updates,
technical updates, customer service updates, and other commercial email communications considered
relevant to you, based on your customer or contact profile.
If you would prefer to never receive commercial emails from DigitalEd, you have the option to remove
yourself from all present and future email lists by globally unsubscribing here, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may still subscribe to any
DigitalEd email list after globally unsubscribing, and by doing so you will be removed from the
global unsubscribe list and put on the list(s) that you subscribe to.
Emails verifying opt-in and opt-out requests are automatically sent to the recipient after each
email subscription update.
DigitalEd will take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is protected from
unauthorized access and disclosure, including limited access to such data only to those employees
with a business need to know. DigitalEd will apply these principles regardless of the specific
technologies employed for data collection and use.
DigitalEd has reviewed the requirements of the Family Education
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and we have identified nothing in any DigitalEd product or
service that could prevent or impede a school from complying with the FERPA requirements.
PCI DSS Compliance
DigitalEd is Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) compliant and has completed
Self-Assessment Questionnaire A and Attestation of Compliance. If you require additional
information, please contact email@example.com.
To ask questions or express concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail at:
DigitalEd’s Privacy Officer
630 Weber Street North,
The Privacy Officer will investigate any complaints that concern our compliance with this privacy