Möbius MAA Placement
Start confidently with supported, customizable, statistically validated testing
Because today’s students arrive with a range of mathematics backgrounds, effective placement testing is vital to secure student success and to ensure their satisfaction with the education they receive.
The renowned Mathematical Association of America (MAA)—an organization trusted for decades by hundreds of institutions across North America to provide superior mathematics placement testing—has hand-picked the reputable and robust Möbius platform by DigitalEd to partner with for delivering a powerful and practical solution to accurately evaluate student entry-level mathematical competencies.
Powerful Möbius features combined with trusted MAA mathematics placement content
Discover the Möbius MAA Placement Test Suite features that allow you to truly gauge the foundational skills of your mathematics students:
- Recommended time limits for each test
- Multiple test versions are available to provide testing diversity
- An infinite number of variations exist for algorithmic tests due to algorithmic variables
- Each test is pre-built and ready to deploy
Two types of tests are available, each with 25-32 multiple choice questions:
- Skills-based Tests: Standard, algorithmic, and calculator-based tests that determine if a student possesses the foundational tactical skills required to succeed in the target course.
- Concepts Readiness Tests: These tests cover critical and in-depth conceptual understandings needed for success in the target course.
Test topics covered by the Möbius MAA Placement Test Suite:
- Arithmetic and Skills
- Basic Algebra
- Advanced Algebra
- Trigonometry and Elementary Functions
- Calculus Readiness
- Algebra and Precalculus Readiness
For more information, please feel free to book a demo with our team.
Learn more about our platform and partnership with MAA Placement testing
Partnering with the MAA to Assess Mathematics with Precision
Approaches to education can vary widely between countries, and even between regions With the globalization of education, university enrollments...