EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
DigitalEd is committed to protecting any and all personal information we gather about the users, visitors and customers of our websites, our online store and all other DigitalEd web pages, software, services and products. We believe that individuals have the right to be informed about the information being collected about them and about its intended use. Individuals also have the right to review information being retained and the means to update, correct or delete it. We are familiar with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and have put processes and policies in place in order to ensure complete compliance. The DigitalEd GDPR compliance practices are supported by 3 principles, which apply to all of our customers worldwide:
- DigitalEd will only collect personal data with the explicit consent of the User.
- The User may withdraw their consent and/or request DigitalEd to erase their personal data at any time.
- DigitalEd will provide Users with easily understood information about its policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- DigitalEd will limit the collection and use of personal information to that which is needed for valid business purposes, or to comply with applicable law, and any such data will be obtained only by lawful and fair means.
- DigitalEd will notify users within 72 hours of becoming aware of any data breach.
- DigitalEd will strive to maintain the accuracy of personal information, including establishing mechanisms allowing Users to have the opportunity to review, correct or delete their personal information.
- Users may request a copy of their personal data at any time.
The GDPR applies to all residents of the European Union. Our teams have developed and implemented systems and processes that ensure DigitalEd meets all aspects of the GDPR. Going forward, you may see some changes in our processes. For example, you will be asked to provide consent prior to ordering our products online.
We have created a Data Processing Agreement to ensure that the third parties we work with comply with the GDPR and to assure them that DigitalEd complies with the GDPR. Should your organization require a Data Processing Agreement with DigitalEd, please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com and we will provide one.
DigitalEd is committed to providing secure products and services by implementing and adhering to comprehensive compliance policies, both as a data controller and processor. The GDPR supports our mission of providing all of our customers around the world with safe and dependable software products.